Seems like only yesterday that candidate Obama said this. But it was Sept 8, 2008.
It was enough to give the media a severe case of amnesia.
7 Broken Promises:
- Make Government Open and Transparent. No lobbyists, except for the ones in the executive branch.
- Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects.
- Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. But not to Republicans who weren’t allowed to participate in drafting health care legislation.
- No more secrecy.
- Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill.
- You’ll know what’s in it, unless you’re a Republican Senator.
- We will put every pork barrel project online.
The whole concept of ‘trust,’ both in the President and the media comes into question. Just preparing the handbasket.