You’re paying 145% more to heat your home and about 100% more to put a gallon of gas in your car today than you did 10 years ago. And you can thank the EPA and environmentalist wackos for the top two.
All of them, except possibly #9, are the result of either government regulation or the political influence of labor unions and special interest contributions. You lose.
- Fuel oil and other fuels (for home): 145%
- Gasoline (all types) for cars: 108%
- College tuition: 88%
- Hospital services: 85%
- College textbooks: 83%
- Elementary and high school tuition and fees: 67%
- Beef and veal: 64.8%
- Eggs: 58%
- Veterinarian services: 63%
- Tax return preparation and other accounting fees: 51%
Sure makes the case for smaller government and the FairTax doesn’t it?