Independence Day was last Thursday. Or as the low information voters that work would call it, a “day off.”
If you’ve never really read the Declaration of Independence, you should see this post, The Words That Started It All. You will see striking similarities between what King George III was doing to the colonies that caused our founding fathers to declare independence, and what President Obama and his administration are guilty of today.
A big Lefty at Applesauce offered the usual derogatory comments at my very suggestion. Got me to thinking that this needs sharing here, where you, gentle reader, can appreciate it. Not for the drivel he offered but for the content of the Declaration and what you see happening in this country today.
I picked out the most obvious abuses. There are more, but they are not as obvious as these six.
Compare them to what
King President Obama and his administration have done so far and tell me if you have any doubts of a similarity.
About King George III, the founders wrote:
- He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and, when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
- He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
- He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
- For imposing taxes on us without our consent.