Since the Orlando terrorist attack last weekend, the Obama theme ‘not to let a crisis go to waste’ has kicked in.
Don’t fall for this meme.
With Republicans and the National Rifle Association gun lobby under pressure to respond to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, Trump said he would meet with the NRA to discuss ways to block people on terrorism watch or no-fly lists from buying guns.
No. The response is, Obama’s failure to prosecute the war on terror has made us victims in our own cities. And the pressure belongs on him and Democrats. Not on Republicans and the National Rifle Association.
- His failure to protect our borders.
- His failure to enforce immigration laws,
- his releasing of GITMO prisoners to return to the battlefield,
- his insistence on scooping up thousands of Syrian refugees to bring them here, some of who are and will be (according to his own security apparatus) terrorists embedded among them.
- His failure to keep tabs on terrorists he had his hands on, like the Boston bombers, the Fort Hood shooter, the San Bernardino shooters, and the Orlando shooter. All terrorists, all on the FBI’s radar, all on their list, and all let go. Credit Obama’s CVE program for that.
- His plan to fight Islamic extremism is not to investigate Islamic extremism. That’s his program called the Countering Violent Extremism program.
- And the media doesn’t ask why.
And that doesn’t even include giving Iran $1.5 Billion dollars to fund Hamas and Hezbollah and to expand their nuclear weapons program, or funding the Palestinian Authority and Hamas with hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, so they can attack Israel.
To deflect his failure to keep us safe, his response, is the same as always. Not to let a crisis go to waste. That’s what this is about. In this case, he makes the case for taking away our rights to defend ourselves, a constitutional right, for his inability to protect us from terrorism. In other words, to protect us from the terrorist invasion that he is creating, his response is to disarm law-abiding citizens. This might makes sense if you are a Mullah in Iran, or an ISIS terrorist. But it does make sense to Barack Hussein Obama.
Besides all that, there is no constitutional right to fly on an airplane. There is a constitutional right to protect oneself with a firearm. In fact, the right was intended to protect oneself from a tyrannical government. Not a deer or a duck. And never has this been as imperative since the forming of the Bill of Rights when we broke from the tyrannical Crown of King George III.
UPDATED: 6/16/2016, Countering Violent Extremism program added, explains our ineptness in fighting terrorism here.
Links: Senators, Trump open to ban on some gun sales after Orlando | SIMILARITIES OF PRESIDENT OBAMA AND KING GEORGE III | House GOP Leaders Set To Endorse Obama’s Failed Anti-JIhad Strategy | Obama’s CVE Program Is an Outrage — and the Republicans Are Funding I How not to counter domestic terrorism