It was two weeks ago when the G20 met to pretend that global inflation or a currency war was not going to happen. The media was pre-occupied with helping Democrats get elected so they didn’t make a big deal of it. As it turns out, they weren’t too successful. Neither was the G20.
It was only yesterday that The Lunch Counter called your attention to the consequences of the Federal Reserve (Ben Bernake) fiscal action of monetizing the country’s debt. All done as a last-ditch effort to save an economy that isn’t being saved by President Obama’s economic policies.
If today’s headlines don’t give you cause to worry, then I don’t know. How about not voting in a federal election ever again until you figure it out?
- Dollar at Risk of Crashing, Triggering Inflation: Strategist
- Fed bond move spurs backlash from Asia to Europe
- Brazil ready to retaliate for US move in ‘currency war’
- U.S. dollar printing is huge risk -China c.bank adviser
- Germany Concerned About US Stimulus Moves