Such is the result of a survey of so-called moderate Muslims in America. Why, how can this be? The media constantly tells us, prompted by CAIR, how American Muslims are different than the terrorists, that they support America fighting the Islamofascists because they are perverting Islam. That’s not all they support. 31% of America’s Muslims also support suicide bombings in the name of Islam.
* More than one in four Muslims (or 26%), aged 18-29, said “Suicide Bombing is Justified.” 2% percent of them say it can often be justified, 13% say sometimes, and 11% say rarely. Add to that, the 5% don’t know/refused to answer this easy, instinctive question, and it’s even worse–for a total of 31%–almost a third of young American Muslims, who support homicide bombings. This younger group of Muslims is the most radical, the study found, and it’s the largest group of Muslims in America. It is also the future of “America’s” Islam.
Which certainly confirms what many have suspected since we decided to fight back. Which is; were we just misunderstanding their reaction, which was the sound of silence? As this survey confirms, there was no misunderstanding.
CAIR’s communications director Ibrahim Hooper says the survey “clearly shows that the American Muslim community is well integrated in our society.” And that “the overwhelming majority of American Muslims reject terrorism and religious extremism.”
Ibrahim must be thinking about the Middle East, not the United States. Americans don’t believe that a 31% terrorist oriented religious block would be something to call “well integrated.” How right he is. We have something to be concerned about when a lot of 18-29 yr olds wouldn’t mind (and wouldn’t stop?) a little suicide bomber here and there. They’re the ones who seem to be well integrated.
The young show a greater tendency to identify themselves as Muslim first and American second. This faith-first pattern is even more pronounced among Muslims in Europe, according to previous Pew surveys.
Spain, France, Germany, Great Britain. Look how well it works there. CAIR’s headline in all this is “American Muslims Reject Extremes.” It’s not the majority of Muslim Americans (69%) I’m concerned about. It’s the other 31%.