Good News. Out from under the thumb of Charles Rangel (D-NY), the new chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI) 4th, has scheduled a hearing on the FairTax Bill before the entire House Ways and Means Committee on July 26, 2011!
Finally, the FairTax will see the light of day for the first time. As Vice President Joe Biden would say, this is a big f’n deal.
There is something you can do to help in the effort for tax reform and the FairTax. See below from FairTax Nation.
Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the FairTax Act of 2011, HR 25 & S 13
A message to all members of FairTax Nation
Good news! Rep. Camp the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee has scheduled a hearing on the FairTax Bill before the entire House Ways and Means Committee on July 26, 2011! This is the first step toward moving the bill to the floor of the House for a vote!
We have a lot of work to do to maximize impact with the FairTax hearing.
1) If you can make it to Washington to Storm the Hill please come. Halls full of FairTaxers make a great impression! For information go to: www.FairTaxNation.com If you show up in DC, they know you are serious!
2) Please contact your members of Congress who sit on the House Ways and Means Committee, inform them about the hearing and encourage them to attend. Contact them now and again a few days before the hearing.
Full committee can be found at: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/About/Members.htm#5
Contact information for members of congress can be found at: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/
3) Contact CSPAN and encourage them to broadcast the hearing. http://www.cspan.org/About/Contact-C-SPAN/
4) Contact you members of Congress and let them know the hearing is taking place. A personal visit to their local office, etc. is a great way to get their attention.
5) I am not sure how to do this yet, but I would like a DVD of the hearings to distribute to members of congress and other tax organizations.
6) Attend the August town halls, tea parties, campaign stops, and talk – talk -talk about the FairTax.
Remember we need you at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames Iowa on August 13, 2011. This is an extremely expensive event, for example the cost of just the fuel to run the generators is a big expense. If you want to donate to the grassroots effort go to www.FairTaxNation.com Information on the Straw poll will be posted shortly.
We must always remember to be politely persistent as we still have a long path ahead of us but the path seems to be getting shorter every day!
Questions? Just ask!