While the media is preoccupied with changing history where the Iraq war is concerned, and, trying to blame G.W. Bush for the rise of ISIS instead of Obama, for losing everything the U.S. won under Bush, here’s a little refresher from ten years ago.
- Saddam Hussein’s Defiance of United Nations Resolutions
- Saddam Hussein’s Development of Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Saddam Hussein’s Repression of the Iraqi People
- Saddam Hussein’s Support for International Terrorism
- Saddam Hussein’s Refusal to Account for Gulf War Prisoners
- Saddam Hussein’s Refusal to Return Stolen Property
- Saddam Hussein’s Efforts to Circumvent Economic Sanctions
Also note that all the links in that post, the transcript, the audio, and the video of Bush making his case to the United Nations were to The White House website. After Obama took office, all those links to what happened in “our house” were scrubbed.
Here is a link to the transcript, where you can see for yourself, all seven reasons for going into Iraq. It was not, as the meme today portends, just WMDs. Also, know that Democrats voted to approve going into Iraq too. As did the United Nations.
And how timely a subject. Look at the other post in this link, If We Leave Now, They Will Follow
That President Obama lost the war that Bush won should come as no surprise. But you won’t hear that in today’s mainstream media. The meme today is, what else? Blame Bush.