Here is what Jimmy Carter, CNN, Bill Moyers, Hank Johnson, much of the Washington and New York press corps, Newsweek Magazine and the brilliant thinkers on the American Left would have you believe of Americans right now:
- We would be more than willing to welcome cap-and-trade with open arms, even if we paid a thousand dollars or more extra every year for our energy use, if Barack Obama were only white.
- We would be dancing in the streets celebrating the dawning of government control of our health care if only Barack Obama were white.
- It would be just dandy if government bureaucrats rationed health care for our parents, as long as the president is white.
- We would jump at the chance of the government owning ALL of the auto manufacturing companies .. not just General Motors … if the president just didn’t have dark skin.
- We would applaud those ACORN workers giving tax avoidance advice to a pimp and his prostitute if the workers hadn’t been black.
- Most Americans – even ones that don’t pay income taxes now – would be more than willing to give 70% of everything they earn to the federal government when asked … so long as they are asked by a white president.
- We would have been thrilled, I tell you … THRILLED to have all of those Islamic goons being held at Guantanamo be not only released, but sent to be school resource officers at our local government schools, if only a white president put that plan in motion.
- It would be OK if a white president stood back and allowed Iran to build its coveted nukes … we’re only unhappy about that because a black president is doing it.
- Deficits? We don’t care about deficits! Make our children and grand children and great grand children pay through the nose for our president’s spending habits … just so long as the president isn’t black.
- Government pork? Like we actually care? Look … you folks in Washington can spend all the money you want – how about more studies of the mating habits of Polish Zlotnika pigs? – just make sure it’s not a black president who signs the spending bill into law.
- We wouldn’t care if all illegal aliens were counted twice in the next Census … just so long as the president isn’t black.
- Those Black Panther thugs who threatened voters in Philly? The ONLY reason we’re upset that they were given a pass is because Barack Obama is black.
- Every single member of the president’s cabinet could be a tax cheat as far as we’re concerned … just so long as the president is white.
- Forced unionization? Bring it on! We love card check! We love the idea of union goons threatening and intimidating workers to sign a card saying they want to belong to a union! What we don’t like is that a black president is pushing this idea.
- Single-party talks with that Gargoyle that runs North Korea? It’s about time we legitimized that little pipsqueak. We’re only mildly upset here because the person who is doing that happens to be black.
- More regulation of the finance sector? We could care less! For all we care you can nationalize the banks and decree that only the government can make home loans .. .and you can even apportion those home loans on the basis of race if you want to … just so long as the president is white!
- Minimum wage? Like we care about that? Raise it to $15 an hour if you want! Just give us our white president back.
Upon further examination, I may be going out on a limb, being conservative and all, but I’d say that Jimmy Carter is wrong. Like he always is btw. Because if there were a white president trying to do all the above, I would still be against him, or her. I feel better about myself now. No white guilt or anything.
But I do weep for where this President and his party has taken this country. His party using the race card against any and all opposition to advance their agenda is a disgrace. Which may explain to some extent why the media has been more a cheerleader than an inquisitor when it comes to the President and his policies. Otherwise they would have to characterize themselves as being racist.
There is nothing post-racial about Obama’s administration, Democrats in Congress, and his supporters. And every second that passes where Obama himself does not talk it down and put an end to it, is just digging their racial hole deeper.
For his part in indicting over half of all Americans as racists, former President Jimmy Carter wins the Most Ridiculous Item Of The Day award.
h/t Neal Boortz