As documented HERE, HERE, and HERE, the actions taken by the Obama administration that pertain to the war on terror have been anything but helpful to us in fighting the war. It is Obama’s pre-9/11 mindset put into action that brings out the inexperience and naivete of our Commander In Chief in dealing with real life and death situations.
But nobody, imho, sums it up better than Vice President Dick Cheney whose direct quote is below and in all its glorious context. See it all here because the left leaning media probably won’t include all of it.
“As I’ve watched the events of the last few days it is clear once again that President Obama is trying to pretend we are not at war. He seems to think if he has a low-key response to an attempt to blow up an airliner and kill hundreds of people, we won’t be at war. He seems to think if he gives terrorists the rights of Americans, lets them lawyer up and reads them their Miranda rights, we won’t be at war. He seems to think if we bring the mastermind of Sept. 11 to New York, give him a lawyer and trial in civilian court, we won’t be at war.
“He seems to think if he closes Guantanamo and releases the hard-core Al Qaeda-trained terrorists still there, we won’t be at war. He seems to think if he gets rid of the words, ‘war on terror,’ we won’t be at war. But we are at war and when President Obama pretends we aren’t, it makes us less safe. Why doesn’t he want to admit we’re at war? It doesn’t fit with the view of the world he brought with him to the Oval Office. It doesn’t fit with what seems to be the goal of his presidency — social transformation — the restructuring of American society. President Obama’s first object and his highest responsibility must be to defend us against an enemy that knows we are at war.”
Like Cheney said so profoundly, he is pretending that there isn’t a war being waged against us, not to mention the rest of the free world. Even if you don’t accept Cheney’s premise, you have to ask yourself why this is? Why he is acting the way he is?
- He thinks it is Bush’s war. So it’s back to the 9/10 mindset of minding our own business and hoping we don’t get fooled / killed again.
- He thinks he has the world mesmerized by a few speeches and our enemies will have a change of heart, stop trying to kill us, and maybe even like us?
- He thinks that after releasing Gitmo prisoners and closing Gitmo, and not using military tribunals for captured terrorists, but instead give them the same legal rights guaranteed to American citizens, that the war will stop and the enemy will have a change of heart, stop trying to kill us, and maybe even like us?
- He is simply too green and inexperienced to be President and Commander In Chief. Is in way over his head. And has surrounded himself with the worst bunch of advisers to handle the problems the Country faces, both economic and in terms of national security.
It’s almost as though President Obama has forgotten, or really does not believe the oath he took when he became President. That’s about all I can think of. Your mileage may vary.
- Dick Cheney: Barack Obama ‘trying to pretend’
- Civilian Trials For Gitmo Terrorists?
- alQaeda, Help Is On The Way
- Too Bad There’s A War Going On