Today’s Special is about the administration’s power grab in ways that are extra-constitutional. Their full court press against business and industry through ‘bailouts’ and ‘takeovers’ is evident. In fact, these two words have now become synonymous in Washington.
What comes next is right out of the Hugo Chavez playbook. Taking control of those responsible for government oversight like the Office of Inspectors General, and control of the census completes the task.
“Requiring the Census director to report directly to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is a shamefully transparent attempt by your administration to politicize the Census Bureau and manipulate the 2010 Census,” Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)
Who knew that the census bureau was in such bad shape that it needs to be taken under the wing of Rahm Emanual and the executive branch? Since its inception, Congress has the oversight of the census. Why does it now need to be in the executive branch? Can you say ACORN?
- White House grabs 2010 census power
- Census Director to Work Directly with White House
- Helen Thomas, The Point Is Control
- When Good Is Bad, Obama Fires IG
- Today’s Special, The Federal Reserve
- Another Inspector General controversy
- Financial Agency IGs Say Bill Threatens Independence